Monday, January 14, 2013

as he is, so am i

Hi friends.

Before I start posting anything I'd like to get acquainted with those reading my "blog". First everyone should know I'm nothing fancy. I'm no english major. At the same time I'm no theology major. Just your average college student who is trying to understand the gospel...for myself. I highly encourage you to check out the scriptures for yourself and see what God wants you to see. It's pretty crazy studying the word outside of a script. God has a lot to say. Just listen

I chose the title "free.grace.gunn" because that is my name. It's a little crazy. I know, but it also so wonderful that the gospel is so easily spelled out in my very own name. Free. Grace

Just so we are all on the same page I want to tell you what the "gospel" is. It's actually quite simple. It's Jesus. When I refer to the gospel I am referring to the story of Christ, you know that bro that came and lived the most perfect life and was brutally killed because he loved you so much. Yadda-yadda-ya-ya. We've heard it since we were four in sunday school. I know because I was there with you. I heard it but I never listened. Whoa. Didcha know there's a difference. 

Let's think about it. Think about the sweetest, most tender-hearted, compassionate, loving person you know. We all know one. Mine was the lady that drove my carpool home in elementary school. I don't think that lady even thought a bad thought. She was painfully nice. Well Christ came and was sweeter than carpool lady. He was more tender-hearted than your grandma or that leader you had one time at church camp. He was more perfect than that person you've been trying so hard to be like. He is Righteous. He is Holy. He is Beautiful. He is Perfection. And He is you

Wait, hold up sistah. He is me? That ain't right. 

In 1 John 4:17 it says "By this love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgement, because as He is so are we in this world." I want to point out that last part. As He is so are we in this world. Heyo, that's powerful y'all. As HE is seated on the throne right now, in heaven, so are we in THIS world. 

Yeah-yeah sunday school again. I'm guessing you just heard that one too. As He is so are we in this world. If you believe all that stuff up above that Christ came and lived the perfect life so that we could live our poo-poo lives free of condemnation than He (Jesus) lives in your heart. Like inside of you. In your spirit. Sooo, let's look at that again. As He is...so am I in this world. Is it clicking? 

This is HUGE. Why is it HUGE? Well, think of how the Bible talks about Jesus. Think of how you and your friends discuss Jesus. Think of how you perceive Jesus. THAT'S YOU! God views you as He views Jesus. Spotless. Holy. Faultless. Whole. Righteous. Blameless. Pardoned. You are His. You are the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God through JESUS

YOU ARE FREE!!!  



I just want everyone to know that what I post comes from what I received through reading the Bible. Please please a hundred times please, go read the scriptures for yourself.

I just want my friends to experience the freedom there is in Christ.

"There is therefore now now condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1

No comments:

Post a Comment